Bonus Points: Post about Bagan, too!
If you want to go the extra mile for Myanmar, you should post about Bagan too!
Released April 5th 2021
Download video here
Please use these hashtags when posting about Bagan
You can add these hashtags too
You can add these tags as well
@iamjohnoliver (twitter only)
Bagan Media Content
Here’s the scoop:
Bagan is a world heritage site. Bagan was designated as a world heritage site in 2019. So many from Myanmar’s tourism industry were looking forward to the fact that this designation would bring even more tourism to the country.
But now, because of the military coup, the junta is not only threatening peaceful civilians, but also destroying cultural heritage sites, and decimating the hopes of thousands of Myanmar people who depend on the tourism industry for their livelihood.
Beyoncé visited Bagan at the end of 2014 during a tour of Southeast Asia. Even if you haven’t been to Bagan, posting about it is a great way to bring attention to Beyoncé's connection to Myanmar. Posts like this can also help raise awareness about what a rich place Myanmar is to visit.
If you’ve been to Bagan and you feel comfortable, add one or two of your own images from a trip, and post using the hashtags below.
Feel free to include the Bagan posts with the larger post about the garment industry, or, give the campaign more mileage and make a separate post about it! Posting about your own trip to Bagan alongside Beyoncé's trip there will heighten the personal aspect of the campaign.
If you include a Bagan post, please use these hashtags
You can add these hashtags too
Who to Tag
Bagan Post Caption Ideas
- Write about a trip you took to Bagan (include a picture of your own if possible)
- Tell a story about traveling in Myanmar, mention what impressed you about Myanmar
- Write about how people in Bagan have been creatively protesting the dictatorship
- Write about how the military junta is destroying world heritage sites like Bagan.
Feel free to use any of the text from above to describe what’s happening in Bagan now, and how this coup threatens the future for Myanmar tourism workers.
Sample Caption Letter
This letter is addressed to Beyoncé (feel free to use and personalize)
I know you’ve been to Bagan, and so you must know what a wonderful place Myanmar is. Myanmar is ______(insert some of your own descriptions of your time in Myanmar) _____.
Insert a sentence about how the junta is hurting Myanmar: _________
Beyoncé, If you still remember Myanmar fondly, would you post a solidarity photo?
Please let us know that you are standing with us. And please come visit Myanmar again when these dark times are over.
Keep making noise for Myanmar once you’ve posted
- Tag others who have traveled to Myanmar: friends, tour guides, travel bloggers, etc
- Tag people who care about the fashion industry and workers rights: friends, influencers, fashion bloggers, watchdog groups, etc.
- Search the campaign hashtags and “like” other people’s Beyoncé for Myanmar posts to amplify.
- Share posts from others that you particularly enjoy
- Add Beyoncé for Myanmar posts to your FB/IG stories and be sure to tag Beyoncé/Adidas in those as well.
- Plan a protest with others near an Adidas storefront (or at any of these other brand storefronts: Coach, Kate Spade, M&S, H&M)